Friday, January 14, 2011

Stampin’ UP! Mini Card Fun

I’ve been sewing again…watching too much DIY channels I think!  I’ve been busy making some new pillows for the old couch to liven it up a bit!  So, when I got back to my stamping room the first thing I picked up was some of the newDesigner Fabric Mini Card Designer Fabric that is available in the new Occasions Mini!  I just love the sweet flower prints from the Springtime Vintage pattern and created a cute mini card using Stampin’ Up!’s new Sew Suite set using my clear blocks.  I never made cards this small but a stamping friend back in Illinois paved the way for this cute little thing.  (Thanks, Peggy!)  The size is a mere 1.5” x 2”. 

Now that size might ring a bell with you if you have purchased any of the beautiful Simply Adorned jewelry thatDesigner Fabric Simply Adorned Stampin’ Up! has available! This cute little card fits just perfectly (of course it does!) into the 1.5” x 2” Simply Adorned beveled glass front charm.

These charms are so great because they can change with the season, with a holiday or with your mood!  A great gift when you include some of your special pieces of hand crafted art (a mini Artist Trading Card (ATC)) or a mini card such as this one with a special message inside.  Is that sew cool or what?!  Think about using a strip of that same fabric for your chain!  I’ll have to go do that after I’m done here!

Now I couldn’t stop at the charm so I played a bit more with some mini thread spools that I just recently purchased.  Naked Thread Spool I don’t know why I purchased them, I just knew that I would come up with some kind of amazing project.  I am sure you have done that before too, right?  Well, in case you have any spools laying around you can create this fun project too! It doesn’t matter what size spool because any size will do.

I covered the spool with a strip of the Designer Fabric with Stampin’ Up!’s Snail Adhesive and added a wire loop to the top to create a mini card holder.  Tomorrow, I’ll post how I created the loop with a couple other samples.

Designer Fabric Card Holder

My mini card holder can be used to hold mini cards,  business cards, seating place cards,  extra inserts for your Simply Adorned charms or perfect to hold any mini pieces of your art work. 

Any of these projects can be used as little acknowledgments for birthdays, graduations, get well wishes or any occasion that you can create a card for.  They remain a memento that the recipient can cherish forever!

Enjoy!

Visit My Website 

Stampin’ Up! products from the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog or the Occasions Mini Catalog can be purchased through my online store or through me at 214-383-4551 or 630-930-4801!  Sale-a-Bration starts on January 25th!  Qualifying Online orders and orders placed through me earn you free product!

No comments:

Post a Comment